Quick Breakfast Banana Pancakes
Vegan & Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Combine your flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to remove any clumps.
- In a large glass or small bowl add your non-dairy milk with 1 Tbsp of vinegar and whisk well. This will turn your regular soy/almond milk into soy/almond buttermilk!
- Allow your buttermilk to sit for about 5-10 minutes, and mash your banana in a bowl or on a cutting board.
- Add all your ingredients except the mashed banana to your flour mixture, or add them all to a blender, and mix until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a bowl with your mashed banana and mix until well combined.
- Turn your stove to medium heat.
- When your stove is hot, grease with a Tbsp of coconut oil and spoon your batter onto your cooking surface. Flip your pancakes carefully when you see that the bubbles have stopped opening and closing.
- Continue to cook until the other side of your pancake is cooked, and remove from heat.
- Serve with toasted marula nuts, blueberries, sliced bananas and maple syrup.
Buy our organic indigenous Cassava flour and Raw Marula nuts at our online store!