Nutty Vegan Banana Bread (Gluten Free!)
Best, healthiest, most comforting Banana Bread you’ll ever taste! And it’s completely plant-based, and gluten and refined sugar free…
4 medium sized ripe bananas OR over-ripe bananas (10.5 ounce ripe bananas)
1.5 cups cassava flour
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut blossom sugar or raw palm sugar
1/3 cup pitted dates
½ tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 to 3 pinches nutmeg powder
1/3 cup raw marula nuts
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease a bread tin or a rectangular cake pan with some coconut oil. You can use the rectangular cake pan of size ( 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches) or round cake pan (7.5 x 2 inches).
- Put pitted dates in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Put sliced bananas, dates and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas well, or process with the dates and sugar in a food processor.
- Now add the oil (melted), vanilla, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder to the banana and mix well.
- Sieve the flour with the baking soda, baking powder and salt directly in the bowl containing the mashed bananas.
- Fold the sieved flour really well.
- Lastly add the raw marula nuts and mix well.
- Pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Slice and serve banana bread warm.
- If eating after being refrigerated, warm the banana bread before serving as the coconut oil hardens it when cold.