Almond Butter Chickpea Cookies
Vegan & Gluten Free
1/2 cup cassava flour
1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained
2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
1/3 cup almond butter (can also substitute with peanut butter, cashew butter or another nut butter)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
3 to 4 Tbsp coconut sugar or other unrefined sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks (can break up a slab of dairy-free dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Add all the ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor. Process for half a minute, scrape sides and process again until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed. (If the mixture is too stiff, add a Tbsp or more aquafaba or non-dairy milk and blend in.
- Reserve a Tbsp of chocolate chips for garnish. Fold in the rest of the chocolate chips into the thick batter in the processor.
- Grease or line a baking tray. Take a heaped Tbsp of the mix and roll then press it into cookie-sized portions.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes, or until they look set/start browning. Cool in the tray for 10 minutes, then serve!