Hibiscus Flowers & Peppermint Power Kombucha
5 litres water
½ cup Hibiscus Flowers & Peppermint Power Tea
1 teabag black or green tea
½ cup brown sugar
*here is a recipe for How to Make Your Own Kombucha Scoby, from thekitchn.com
- Boil 5l water, then add Hibiscus Flowers & Peppermint Power Tea (loose leaf) and the teabag of black or green tea, leave 20 minutes
- Strain out the loose leaf hibiscus and peppermint tea and teabag
- Pour into a large glass jar when a bit cool
- When cold add brown sugar and skoby
- Close the jar by fastening a clean cloth on top
- Leave it for a week or more, depending on how hot it is (more heat = less time)
- When ready (you will know when you like the taste), strain and pour the kombucha into smaller jars and seal – this will create the bubbles.
- Keep out of the fridge.
- Put in the fridge only the kombucha you are about to drink, or it will stop fermentation!
- Repeat forever!